Thursday, April 7, 2011

My first blogger.com blog

I finally got around to setting up my profile on here and now I have to decide what I want to talk about first. I might be over thinking this as I tend to do with many of life's important decisions. I usually just use facebook to keep people informed on my every thought and move but I just felt the need to have an official place to actually ramble and blog down my thoughts. It should be positive, lighthearted and interesting enough that maybe when someone reads it in the next 5 years or so they choose to follow me. I've blogged before but just not here on Blogger. So Im no blogger virgin or anything, just trying to figure out the ins and outs of blogger.com

I said in my profile I would elaborate on my favorite movies, but I dont want that to be my first blog. I thought about talking about my daughter cause I can pretty much guarantee you thats what most of my future blogs will end up being about, knowing me. I thought about writing about my man issues but thats just not lighthearted enough and I dont want to embarrass him in anyway either (its a great story though!!). My moms not on here so I kinda feel like I can write anything, even cuss. whoa!! look at my free-spiritedness. Though, I will put a link on my fb and I'm sure she'll read it at that point. But I do feel a little more protected here than on fb where everyone and there mom provides feedback to my thoughts of 140 or less words. That is the beauty of fb though and I obviously love that. Sometimes though I just need a place to expand on my 140 words. Besides, my work blocks fb but not blogger so thats nice I can do this here (on breaks only of course).

The other 2 bloggers I follow on here are great friends of mine. They are the ones you can blame for me wanting to expand my internet footprint. Even though neither one lives here in Oklahoma and I dont get to spend enough time with them I still consider them to be 2 of my absolute dearest friends. I love reading some of the things they talk about. I'm slightly intimidated by their writing prowess.

hmmm...Well, for now I think this blog is pretty appropriate for my first one.

3 comments:

  1. Help me come up with some more blog topics. Heres a short list of some ideas I have bouncing around in my head right now:

    Weight, smoking, OU, fave movies, getting Skye's ears pierced, boys (my fave), Beasley cousin family reunion (thats a good one!!). hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm your first follower!! I also have a blog on Blogger (mysoupsandwich.blogspot.com), and it's fun even when no one reads it.

    Congrats on this new endeavor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. TACO!! I'm honored to have you following me!! And I think its fun too. Funny how we just have an urge to put things out in the world that nobody asked us to put out there.

    ReplyDelete