Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Birthday Questions

So last year I found an idea on Pinterest that I really liked the sound of. Each year, starting from age 3, ask your kids these same questions and watch how over the years the answers change and how they stay the same. So for the last 2 birthdays I've done this with Skye. These are her answers so far.  I'll probably just add on to this blog over the years. This year I almost couldn't find the notebook with last years answers so maybe next year I'll remember where they are. My comments or explanations are in (parenthesis)

2012 (3 years old)
~FAVORITE COLOR: Purple
~FAVORITE TOY: Bunny Blocks
~FAVORITE FRUIT: Bananas
~FAVORITE TV SHOW: Sesame Street
~FAVORITE THING TO EAT FOR LUNCH: (no response)
~FAVORITE OUTFIT: (no response)
~FAVORITE GAME: Matching Game (Memory board game)
~FAVORITE SNACK: (no response)
~FAVORITE ANIMALS: Zebras at the Zoo
~FAVORITE SONG: "The Twinkle-Twinkle Song"
~FAVORITE BOOK: Lady and the Tramp
~BFF: (no response)
~FAVORITE CEREAL: (no response)
~FAVORITE OUTSIDE ACTIVITY: Helping Grandma water plants
~FAVORITE DRINK: Water
~FAVORITE HOLIDAY: Christmas
~FAVORITE ITEM TO TAKE TO BED: Pink Kitty Cat
~FAVORITE THING TO EAT AT BREAKFAST: Yogurt. Apple Sauce with Cinnamon
~WHAT DO YOU WANT TO EAT FOR DINNER ON YOUR BIRTHDAY: (I didn't ask this cause technically her birthday had already past & I didn't want to confuse her)
~WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP?: A mommy. (Awwwww....)

I had to spread out over a few days asking her these questions cause the attention span of a 3 yr old wouldn't have enjoyed this Q/A set-up. So some of the questions I didn't get around to asking her and some she didn't have an answer to. And some of these answers were just what was on her mind at that moment. I could have asked her the same question the next day and gotten a totally different answer. My favorite answer by far was that she wanted to be a mommy when she grew-up. =)

2013 (4 years old)
~FAVORITE COLOR: "Sometimes all of them and sometimes not." (Later she said that her most favorite was Blue)
~FAVORITE TOY: "All of them." (A few minutes later she said her rocker chair. I told her that wasn't a toy though and she explained to me because of the toys that are attached to it, its a toy. This is the Fisher Price Rocking chair that   vibrates and has the bar of toys above it with the jungle print on it with the snail, butterfly and lady bug.)
~FAVORITE FRUIT: Grapes
~FAVORITE TV SHOW: Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
~FAVORITE THING TO EAT AT LUNCH: Graham Crackers (keep in mind we were doing this survey as she was seated in her high chair eating graham crackers.)
~FAVORITE OUTFIT: "Hmmmmm, lemme think....I can't stop thinking of it." (This was her way of not being able to think of just one)
~FAVORITE GAME: Hide-n-go-Seek
~FAVORITE SNACK: Graham Crackers (coincidentally enough)
~FAVORITE ANIMAL: Zebras (pause) and chickens too!
~FAVORITE SONG: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
~FAVORITE BOOK: Cinderella
~BFF: My dog, My kitty (these are imaginary animals), you (speaking to me), and my grandma
~FAVORITE CEREAL: The square kind (Shredded Wheat) & the heart cereal with the  cheerios in it (Kashi)
~FAVORITE OUTDOOR ACTIVITY: Play!
~FAVORITE DRINK: "All of them but sometimes its not. My most favorite is water."
~FAVORITE HOLIDAY: "Christmas. Is that a holiday?" (I tell her yes and list off a few more holidays then she tells me that Halloween is her most favorite though)
~FAVORITE ITEM TO TAKE TO BED: My babies
~FAVORITE THING TO EAT AT BREAKFAST: Cereal
~WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR DINNER ON YOUR BIRTHDAY: (I didn't ask her what she wanted but Steph and her family drove up from Dallas and took us out to Chuys the night of her Zoo party.)
~WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP?: A mommy doctor

This year was kinda cute. When I asked her what her favorite was of something she couldn't pick one but when she asked me, "Do you mean my MOST FAVORITE?" then she was able to pick just one thing.

I found it interesting that her favorite animal is still the zebra. She doesn't really talk about this often and when we go to the zoo she always wants to see the ostrich. They go way back to the day he bit her when she was around 1 year old. =( Poor baby. I was also a little surprised that Twinkle Twinkle was still her favorite song just cause she knows a lot more songs now, even knows some words to Taylor Swift and Justin Bieber songs but again, if you ask her on a different day she might say something totally different. At this age its still reflects more whats on her mind right then.

Around 3 1/2 she started telling us how she wants to be a Mommy Doctor when she grows up. I think this is a little bit because of Doc McStuffins. Skye will get out her dr kit and open up her clinic and fix all her sick babies. I asked Skye what she means by a "mommy doctor?" Is that a doctor that helps mommies or a doctor that helps babies? She quickly replied "Babies." So sorta like a pediatrician is how I interpret that. So, watch out Harvard Med! Here comes Dr. Skye. (She does look o so precious with her Fisher Price Stethoscope around her neck =)

I still need to post 2014 & 15 but for now here's 2016...She's 7!! (Asked Questions on 2/29/16)
~FAVORITE COLOR: Pink, Purple and Dark Blue (but especially Purple)
~FAVORITE TOY: My Flutterbyes
~FAVORITE FRUIT: Pineapple
~FAVORITE TV SHOW: PJ Masks
~FAVORITE THING TO EAT FOR LUNCH: Hot Dog
~FAVORITE OUTFIT: Monkey pajama bottoms (that she currently is wearing)
~FAVORITE GAME: Owl Hotel (educational computer game)
~FAVORITE SNACK: Cheese
~FAVORITE ANIMALS: Zebra
~FAVORITE SONG: Roar (by Katy Perry)
~FAVORITE BOOK: The Sleep Book by Dr. Seuss
~BFF: Hailie (Jones)
~FAVORITE CEREAL: Lucky Charms
~FAVORITE OUTSIDE ACTIVITY: Swimming
~FAVORITE DRINK: Chocolate Milk
~FAVORITE HOLIDAY: Christmas
~FAVORITE ITEM TO TAKE TO BED: Build-a-bear toys (McDonald's Happy Meal toys)
~FAVORITE THING TO EAT AT BREAKFAST: French Toast
~WHAT DO YOU WANT TO EAT FOR DINNER ON YOUR BIRTHDAY: Breakfast for Dinner
~WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP?: Rock Star, no, a Doctor.

                                                      2017 (8 Years Old!!)
~FAVORITE COLOR: Pink, Purple and Dark Blue
~FAVORITE TOY: Scooter
~FAVORITE FRUIT: Pineapple
~FAVORITE TV SHOW: Supergirl
~FAVORITE THING TO EAT FOR LUNCH: Cheese Enchiladas
~FAVORITE OUTFIT: Troll Pajamas
~FAVORITE GAME: Prodigy
~FAVORITE SNACK: TrailMix (Raisins, M-n-Ms, Nuts)
~FAVORITE ANIMAL: Dolphin
~FAVORITE SONG: Cute Chicks (From the 2nd grade Spring Play)
~FAVORITE BOOK: Magic Animal Friends Series & Adventures at Hound Hotel
~BFF: Jaycie Townsend
~FAVORITE CEREAL: Oats (Oatmeal)
~FAVORITE OUTSIDE ACTIVITY: Freeze Tag or Jump Rope
~FAVORITE DRINK: Dr. Pepper
~FAVORITE HOLIDAY: Christmas
~FAVORITE ITEM TO TAKE TO BED: Tasha and Emoji Pillow
~FAVORITE THING TO EAT AT BREAKFAST: French Toast
~WHAT DO YOU WANT TO EAT FOR DINNER ON YOUR BIRTHDAY: Applebees
~WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP?: I don't know??

2018
(I kept forgetting to do this. I finally remembered on 2/22/2018. Skye is 9!!)
~FAVORITE COLOR: Purple 
~FAVORITE TOY: Tablet or Phone (Just to clarify- the phone is mine, not Skye's)
~FAVORITE FRUIT: Plum *Pineapple*
~FAVORITE TV SHOW: Pokémon (We don't have the channel but Skye watches it online.)
~FAVORITE THING TO EAT FOR LUNCH: Sausage pizza at school with Ranch
~FAVORITE OUTFIT: I don't have one.
~FAVORITE GAME: Zen Koi II
~FAVORITE SNACK: String Cheese or Cutie
~FAVORITE ANIMAL: I don't have one. *Dolphin*
~FAVORITE SONG: "Roar" ~ Katy Perry
~FAVORITE BOOK: "Diary of a Mad Brownie/Cursed" by Bruce Coville
~BFF: Ariana Viesca, Kaylee Blackburn, Isla Ross
~FAVORITE CEREAL: Lucky Charms
~FAVORITE OUTSIDE ACTIVITY: Bike/Scooter
~FAVORITE DRINK: Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper
~FAVORITE HOLIDAY: Christmas
~FAVORITE ITEM TO TAKE TO BED: Tasha and Baby Koala Bear
~FAVORITE THING TO EAT AT BREAKFAST: French Toast, like always/Pancakes at IHOP.
~WHAT DO YOU WANT TO EAT FOR DINNER ON YOUR BIRTHDAY: We ate at Peter Piper Pizza
~WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP?: Vet

*After we finished the survey this year, Skye wanted to go back and read the previous year's answers. When she saw the previous years answers she changed her mind. I kept her original answer and the asterisk indicates her new answer. 

2019 The Double Digits!! 
(How funny, last year I didn't do this until 2/22 and I kept forgetting to do this again, until I finally remembered on 2/22/2019.)
~FAVORITE COLOR:  Pink, Purple and Dark Blue. Actually wait...Sparkly Purple
~FAVORITE TOY: Bike
~FAVORITE FRUIT: Pineapple
~FAVORITE TV SHOW: Star Trek: The Next Generation (I love all star trek =) )
~FAVORITE THING TO EAT FOR LUNCH: Pizza or Breakfast for lunch
~FAVORITE OUTFIT: "I don't have a favorite outfit. I like Lula. So if I can wear Lula..."
~FAVORITE GAME: Monopoly
~FAVORITE SNACK: Ice cream bars
~FAVORITE ANIMAL: strait out I love all animals except the ones that are dangerous (and musketoes) <----Thats how Skye spells mosquitoes lol
~FAVORITE SONG: "Roar","Check Yes or No" and "Love Without End, Amen"
~FAVORITE BOOK: A Snicker of Magic
~BFF: KK Blackburn
~FAVORITE CEREAL: Coco Puffs
~FAVORITE OUTSIDE ACTIVITY: Izzi and riding my bike
~FAVORITE DRINK: A & W Root Beer
~FAVORITE HOLIDAY: Christmas
~FAVORITE ITEM TO TAKE TO BED: my pillows
~FAVORITE THING TO EAT AT BREAKFAST: "Well, it was cinnamon toast a couple days ago but that changed,so I don't know (She threw up her cinnamon toast 2 days ago)
~WHAT DO YOU WANT TO EAT FOR DINNER ON YOUR BIRTHDAY: Olive Garden (We're going there tomorrow, 18 days late, but still...)
~WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP?: Vet

*This was the first year Skye helped me type some of the answers =)




No comments:

Post a Comment