Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Like my Mother Does-Lauren Alaina

I dont think any song on American Idol has ever touched me as much as this song did. It was the perfect song for Lauren and for many, many daughters out there. I liked Lauren Alaina all season but last night she really became my American Idol. (I still would have preferred Pia and Durbin in the final but thats another blog.) She totally had a "moment." And I had been looking for that from her all season long.

Im so close to my mom. She drives me crazy sometimes, and I know I drive her crazy too but I know I owe EVERYTHING I am to her. Her guidance and support have gotten me through so many trials. Skye and I are both so blessed to have her in our lives. Some people will never understand our relationship and I dont even try to explain it to them, but this song summarizes it pretty well...

(The lyrics only capture a part of the song. Be sure to watch it on youtube if you didn't see it last night!!)


People always say
I have a laugh like my mother does
Guess that makes sense
She taught me how to smile when things get rough
I've got her spirit, she's always got my back
When I look at her I think I want to be just like that

When I love I give it all I've got
Like my mother does
When I'm scared I bow my head and pray
Like my mother does

She's a rock, she is grace
She's an angel, she's my heart and soul
She does it all

When I love, I give it all I've got
Like my mother does
When I'm scared I bow my head and pray
Like my mother does

When I'm weak and unpretty
I know I'm beautiful and strong
Because I see myself
Like my mother does

PS-I hope Skye thinks of me this way too. I'm always trying to be the kind of mom she deserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment